Friday, April 18, 2008

Business as Usual






At last weeks Raw Couture, we found an aundience member who seemed to be just the kind of person I expected at a fashion show. Jami is into the "classics." She wears classic memorable pieces of clothing that are new or vintage. She enjoys classic designers like Diane Von Furstenberg and Calvin Klein.

"You don't want one solid look. I don't want to look like just one store," she said.

Well said, Jami. It's about diversity and fun. For the event last week Jami tried to tone down her outfit with muted colors and solid outfit without print, but her style showed right through.

Her word was "effortless".

In other news, we are catching this event today:



This guy is playing at the Huka Lounge. His name is Kurt Reifler, and he is a New York musician who believes comfort is most important in show wear. We will report back to YOU to let you know more about him. He is also playing Saturday at Bruski's in Ogden. Our feature on Kurt will go up on Saturday. THATS RIGHT— AN EXTRA POST THIS WEEK.

And lastly, I got in a bike accident on Wednesday. I was biking from the Fashion Place Trax station to my parents' house. I rounded the corner and was going north on 300 West. There were UTA workers around in trucks and they were testing a new TRAX route. A train passed me heading southwest. I slowed down, but once it passed I began to pick up speed. As I crossed that very track (perpendicularly), something terrible happened. Somehow the track caught my tire. I don't know how, but it was like hitting a concrete wall and I fell to the ground onto my face. I don't know if I blacked out, but I heard some drivers stop and ask me if I was ok. My parents weren't answering their phone and I was spitting blood all over the road. My face and mouth were swollen and bleeding. Luckily, some unbelievably nice individuals got me out of the street and took me to my parents' house. During this time none of the UTA personnel "noticed" anything had happened. My rescuers told me this was not the first time this sticky track has claimed a biker. They said that they had talked to the UTA worker, but that they seemed uninterested. I want UTA to put a sign up that warns bikers of this danger and asks them to WALK their bikes across this track. I am not asking for them to pay for my medical bills, I just want there to be a sign or some other precaution taken to make this popular route safer for cyclists. Here is a link to my petition.





I am ok, lots of bruises, maybe-maybe a broken wrist, BUT my bike made it just fine. Wierd?

SLCpomp

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm terribly sorry about your accident. How is it that bikes move paralllelto the ground but in certain situations canput their riders perpendicular to to it, often face first?

Maybe you need one of these:


http://catalog.troyleedesigns.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=567_568_571&products_id=1514